JILL STANFORD DANCE CENTER
Dear Parents and Students:
Welcome to the 2018-2019 season at Jill Stanford Dance Center. Our teaching staff is very excited to be working with you and your child this coming year. As JSDC enters its 39th season, we reflect on the many students that have walked through our doors. Whether you are a new or returning student, we thank you for being a part of our dance family and look forward to the many memories we will create together.
In this newsletter please find information explaining our email mailing list, our tuition and payment guidelines, and studio policies.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office at any time. You can call 912-264-8810 or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org
“There are shortcuts to happiness, and dancing is one of them.” – Vicki Baum
Jill S. Reeves
Contact Us Anytime
We believe that an open line of communication between the dance teacher and the parents is essential to a successful dance experience. We will send emails periodically with studio news, recital information, and information regarding any new programs, and special events. We encourage you to contact our office or your child’s teacher with any questions that arise throughout the year.
If the studio is forced to close due to inclement weather, we will try our best to make-up classes. Please understand that we cannot be responsible for acts of Mother Nature.
- School closings will be announced on the website, and emailed to you. Our voicemail message will also inform you of any school closings.
- There is not a discount or refund for missed classes. Make-up classes are available within two months of the class missed.
- All studio accounts have one primary account holder. This is the account holder that registers the student. This account holder will be the one considered financially responsible for the account.
- We are not responsible for injuries sustained in class, on premises, or at any related event.
- The Studio is not responsible for lost or misplaced articles. Please put names on all belongings.
- With the exception of class parties, food and drink are prohibited in all classrooms at all times.
- Students should wait until the teacher is present before entering the classroom, unless directed otherwise. All students should exit the classroom at the end of class. Younger students whose parents have not yet arrived for pickup should wait with one of our office staff members. Students are not permitted to use the classrooms when a teacher is not present unless arrangements are made through the studio office.
- Any student with an overdue balance of more than 90 days will not be allowed to take class until payment in full is received or payment arrangements have been made.
- Costume orders can only be picked up once the account is paid in full with no balance remaining.
Keep Informed Through E-Mail:
A majority of the information we send you will be sent through our email mailing list.
Email helps us efficiently keep everyone up to date on news and events at JSDC.
Please make sure we have your correct email address on file. If you do not receive a certain email, all of our emails are available on our website. If you need us to print an email for you, please contact our office at 912-264-8810
Tuition and Payments:
Registration Fee - $25 (non-refundable) ($10 each additional family member thereafter)
- The studio calendar and tuition rate is designed to give 34 classes over a ten-month period from August to May. All Lessons must be paid in advance, due the 1st of each month. Late notices will be mailed to all past due accounts. There will be a $5 added charge for any account not paid in full by the 10th. This charge will continue to be added each month it remains late.
- There are no refunds or deductions for lessons missed. Make-Up Classes are available.
- We accept Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover. There is a $25 returned check charge for all checks returned from the bank.
- Monthly – Monthly tuition is due the first lesson in each month.
- Automatic Monthly Payment Processing - Same as monthly plan, however your MasterCard, Visa, or Discover card will be automatically charged your tuition amount every 1st of the month.
- Online- Monthly tuition can be paid on our website (A $5.00 processing fee applies.)
- Dance Shoes and Dancewear:
Kinderdance- Leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes, black patent tap shoes.
Ballet – Black leotard, pink tights, pink Ballet shoes, ballet skirts may be worn.
Jazz – Leotard, tights, jazz shoes (Gym shorts or T- shirts are not allowed)
Tap – Leotard, tights, and black or tan Tap shoes (Teacher will specify)
Lyrical – Leotard, stirrup tights, lyrical shoes
Hip Hop – Leotard, tights are optional, or booty shorts, Tennis shoes
Ballet shoes should be worn snug, with ties tucked in at all times. Ballet is the only class that requires a black leotard and pink tights, (skirts are optional). All other classes require regular dance attire and can be worn in any color. Hair should be up and away from face. A Ballet bun is preferred for Ballet classes. Please remove ribbons on Patent Tap shoes. Necklaces, bracelets, & large earrings are not allowed in class.
You can visit Center Stage Dancewear at the studio for dance shoes, dance clothing, novelty dance gifts, and accessories. We are happy to help you select the right item for your class or size for your shoes. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our office.
Keep a lookout for our next special event!
Annual Dance Recital:
Our Annual Dance Recital is part of the student’s dance education; however, the student is not obligated to participate. Our recital is usually held the month of May and each student will be required to attend classes regularly, attend rehearsals associated with the recital, and pay for any costume(s) needed for their number.
The Dance Recital Date is scheduled to be held at Brunswick High School Auditorium
Sat. May 11, 2019 for Brunswick and SSI Studio
Costume Order Deadline: October 15, 2018
Recital Tickets go on Sale: May 1st $10.00 per person. Dance Students do not need a ticket.
Recital Costume Fees
- 45 Min. Kinderdance Class: $65.00
- 1Hr. Combination Class (Ballet, Tap, Jazz) : $130.00 (email@example.com) If there is a remaining balance, a statement will be sent in January.
- 45 min. Lyrical class: $65.00
- 1 Hour Ballet Class: $65.00
- All Company classes: $75.00 per dance
- Costumes cannot be ordered until the Costume fees are paid.
Please click here to view the 2018-2019 studio calendar.